Thursday, December 31, 2009

Noughty But Nice

For those that love/d the noughties, being noughty, Miss Noughty and every other pun on the similarity between the word naughty and noughty, make the most of it!

In 9hrs the 00's will be behind us and the 10's will be here .......... whoa does that sound weird ...... "Tens". Perhaps someone smarter than I will come up with an alternative cos its not like anyone calls now the "Zeros". Any ideas? How about the "won-owes", the "Lows" (like l0) or maybe the nothings..... it could just be the decade after the noughties and before the twenties!

Hope you all have appropriate gatherings planned - bbq's, parties, concerts and such. Alternatively if your in England you will be planning alot of sensible and fun INdoor activities like Guess Who, charades or Centurion cos last I checked its gunna be 0 degrees tonight and that's just in London. Try -6 in Birmingham on for size! They don't make beer coats THAT thick.

As for us, we'll be heading out for an early dinner, then gatecrashing a party in Greenwood around 9. Kylie has already set the bar low, saying she'll be in bed by 11 but we'll see how it goes.

Last ball drop day, I wrote about it being the last NYE I was single and how it felt a little weird. So does it feel different this year? I think so, although this time around I can say it'll be the last year we don't have a rugrat in tow! Who knows, maybe next year I'll be saying it's the last year I've have just one.

Anyhow, have a great New Year all from myself and the big fella @ squidring.com.
.

1 comment:

Phil Dawson said...

ive since been told it might be referred to as the 'Teenies' or 'Teens'. I hope that doesnt mean a decade of cockiness!

Happy new year guys