Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Centurion Is Here

Some of you would have received an email from me a few weeks ago regarding my sudden urge to play Centurion. I'm not talking about dressing up like Russell Crowe and prancing around with a red Mohawk helmet....altho that sounds interesting too........I'm talking about the drinking game.

For those of you under rocks, Centurion is a beer drinking game whereby you are to consume 100 x 30ml shots of beer in 100 consecutive minutes. To save your brain matter, that's 3L in just over an hour and a half which is around 6 pints. I'll admit to consuming that much in 100 minutes in the past but when your drinking from a full glass you are able to speed up/slow down a little. When its spread out, its a whole new ball game.

The venue for the event is my place and bounce-down is 8.30pm this Saturday night after a BBQ around 7pm. Those that are interested in partaking let me know asap, those that just wanna come round for a feed on the BBQ and a laugh, let me know too! BYO meat and drinks and I'll supply the Centurion beers.

For more information on the game itself I highly recommend reading the wikipedia article on it (which is safe for work). My favourite quote by far is "Another Australian variation of the game is known as a "Goon Centurion" and involves the replacement of beer with cheap box wine."

Rules on the night will be quite lax by the article standards, toilet breaks (for one reason or another) are ok as long as your back in time for the next shot but if you miss 2 consecutive shots there is no buy in unless accepted by the other players!

Bring it

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Night before you finish the 141 at the Paddo?

An intervention is required.

Phil Dawson said...

Or a massive weekend before a huge cut back in beer consumption to shed some unwanted Kgs

So does that mean your in?

Anonymous said...

Undecided if we will do Saturday or Sunday at this stage, not doing both. If they weren't a few hours apart it would be different.

I'm leaning towards Centurion!

Phil Dawson said...

OH YEAH!
Cant see Sunday being that big an affair as I have to work on Monday...DOH

The only question is.....what will the centurion beer be?

noni said...

Isn't it a public holiday Monday?

I will come to watch if it takes off, but I won't participate. Should I organise a sitter?

Phil Dawson said...

Yeah its a holiday but only in WA and since i dont get paid for them now i decided to volunteer for the slaughter.

Anonymous said...

OK i've got my red mohawk helmet out of storage. See ya Saturday for Centurion!