Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One For The Bargain Bin

A nice easy read for your 3 day gap! The wife and I were out shopping on Saturday and I thought I'd take the opportunity to take back some clothes that I bought myself and refused to try on until I got home!

As it had been over a month, we could only get store credit so we were roaming the aisles trying to find stuff we wanted. While we were checking out the cooking books I happen to see this beauty.

The Barack & Michelle Obama Paper Doll & Cut-Out Book

After reading the title, my estimate on the quality of the content wasn't high, I mean - whaaaaa???? It was one of those times where WTF didn't cut it. Inside are thin cardboard pages with partially cut 'snap-out' images on them. Starting with Barack and Michelle on the first page you move through the book, gradually obtaining a very wide variety of clothes ranging from the standard formal wear to casual, fire-fighting and even swimwear. Of course the clothes themselves are also made out of thin cardboard so the action of putting clothes ON them is more of a holding it UP AGAINST them kinda thing.

What's possibly the most puzzling is that the book is on sale in a country where the majority of the population couldn't even pick Obama out of a line-up............ and No I'm not saying that's such a bad thing, I probably couldn't either!

Where's the K-Rudd & Therese Rein Paper Doll & Cut-Out book?

Clearly all of the above is my personal opinion so perhaps I'm totally off the mark here, maybe there are alot of Australians that want to simulate dressing the B man or see the president in his underwear or maybe you've always wanted to know what the Obama's would be like in the Miss America pageant...... not sure what their talent would be tho.... kindling comes to mind!

P.S. I've just realised I've written a few 'buzz' words in this article so for all those FBI agents reading this, just because I've written Barack, Obama, fire, president, America, WTF, line-up, credit, cut and kindling it doesn't mean I want to set fire to the president or own a fertilizer plant ........... ah shit there's another one!


Soundtrack Of The Day: 3 Doors Down - Seventeen Days
.

3 comments:

Adam said...

You are now on the Aus internet filter blacklist.

PS. nice purple nails Phil.

Warren said...

haha zing!

Phil Dawson said...

its Deep Cherry actually....pfft