Monday, October 5, 2009

Love My Episodes

For those that like to keep up with everything that is TV, here's a great site for you. http://www.myepisodes.com

Unlike other TV show sites that hook you in, promise you all the info you could ever need then bombard you with advertising, popups, surveys, polls, crap crap and more crap - MyEpisodes.com is super simple and it delivers.

Its also a little different to a standard guide as you need to know what you want to watch. Once you register you can build your private TV Shows list from the millions of available shows they offer and display your personalised guide. My list currently contains 41 shows which is a complete list of every show I've been hooked on or want to keep track of. They can be anything from really old shows, right up to ones that haven't even started yet! It tells you when they were on, when they will be on and if the show is continuing or ended/cancelled.

The brilliance of the website is the automation of it. Once you build your list, your finished. Instead of you scouring the net and finding out when a show is coming back on the air or even IF it's coming back, the site does it. It shows a fully customisable listing of when each show is next on and when you click 'watched' it disappears to your archive. So of my 41 shows, its telling me that 8 of them are on telly tonight - done, that's it, a one stop shop.

It also contains a 'Time I've Wasted' link which adds up all the durations of all the shows you've flagged as watched. I was a little hesitant to click it at first because the astronomical figure could send me straight home to smash the TV but it wasn't as bad as I thought! Answer: 4 months, 1 week, 8 hours, 30 minutes.

Have a great day players.....
.

No comments: