Thursday, July 2, 2009

So Close Yet So Far

Today it's a double meaning heading to twist the grey matter.

The first is about my ongoing saga with those snotrags that call themselves employees of Optus Networks Melbourne. Not only did they send my broken iPhone back instead of calling me and asking if I wanted to pay the full amount for a replacement, after approving the costs they have now sent it back AGAIN not fixed. The icing on the top is they make the Optus Store employee call me and tell me instead of taking the hit.

So firstly, they should have called me or the store to find out why they have the same phone back again if there was any confusion and secondly, check the account! R E P L A C E M E N T A P P R O V E D. And what do I get for my troubles? Squat diddely doodle. I asked if there was compensation as I have now been without a phone for 3 weeks and they said it would be 5 days - No Mr Dawson, bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

What they ARE able to is fast-track it and have it to me for Wednesday.....yes another 6 days. They will have to forgive me if they wanted any 'Thanks' cos as far as I'm concerned they might'as well have said they booked me in for a colonoscopy after a night at Brick Lane. Whoop-de-flippin-do

Second meaning is related to our car shopping adventures. On Saturday/Sunday we saw a few but one stood out in particular we both thought was ideal (or at least good enough to look into further). So we'd seen it, touched it, wanted it - how do we pay for it? We turned to BankWest for guidance and ended up with a pre-approval document that said "These people are awesome" to give to the seller.

So with my head held high, I swanned in last night with my little speech prepared. Strolled straight up to the car and thought...."Who painted it red, changed the wheels, doubled the price and put leather seats in it!" You guessed it - it was gone! Sold! Finished! Kaput! My piece of paper went from A4 gold to dunny roll in about 3 seconds and I slid outta there like a 17 year old who'd been stood up at the Prom.

So the car search continues and my Blackberry has delayed the bottom drawer for another week. On a brighter note, the weather looks to be on the mend so I might brave the cold and head out fishing on Sunday for a long awaited Zen revival. All welcome, same bat time and bat place......... bring your thermals cos its gunna be colder than a penguins proverbials out there.

Ciao Mad Cows

Soundtrack Of The Day: Anything Loud!

5 comments:

noni said...

So, optus are sending you a new phone, of which there must be like hundreds in WA already, and you get the call from a store in WA which has hundreds of said phones? Also have theynot heard of overnight express? WA is isolated yeah, but a week? For mail from one capital city to another? Clearly, you are not yelling loudly enough for them to hear you right ;) Give me there number, I have just enough crazy to sort em out

Phil Dawson said...

They are sending it today, it will be received Monday and processed(?!?) Sent Tueday and back on store on Wednesday.

This is of course unless they get the same phone for the third time and just send it back instead of doing anything, surely that wouldn't happen again - ah that's right, they're incompetent fools so it could easily happen.

Simon said...

Sucks man. It sounds like the sort of shite I have to put up with. You are being mistreated and no one in the company gives a shit. I'd be kicking up a right stick personally. I like arguing on the phone. What car was it you were looking at?

Phil Dawson said...

Its the equivalent of a 2004 Shogun. We have a little Accent, littler Mazda and an even littler Mini......im worried my balls will dissappear if I dont get something manly.

Might also have to learn to burp and fart too.

Simon said...

What do you mean "learn to"? I worked with you, remember?