Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Las Ketchup

Finally my efforts of growing edible produce is starting to pay off.

The little tomato champ pictured (isn't it cute) was hand reared and plucked from the plant with all the love you should expect from home grown fruit. It was then carefully washed and eaten within 25 seconds!

Well, what do you expect! I only had 1 so its hardly a salad starter and at 15mm diameter it didn't spoil dinner. Actually I shared it with DJ so it barely even touched the sides........ somewhat like dropping a marble into a bucket........ there's the mental image! Cmon, get the image of it in your head, its ok I'll wait. The bucket in my head is blue, what colour is yours?

It's the first of many many tomatoes, chillis and capsicums which are growing very nicely. The weight of the fruit is now dragging the plant downward while its trying to grow up toward the sun. Day by day you can see the stem get a little stronger only to compete with the food getting bigger too! *insert fist shake*

Hope the new year is serving you only the finest of life.

Ciao bello's + bella's
.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hooray for tomato crops!! I have three conventional tomato plants and at the moment they are going craaaazy. Home grown produce is the best!

In my head the bucket was red.