Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How DOES Stuff Work?

As every Internet user has done before me, recently I've reached a stage where there is so much information available on the net that I simply don't know what to do with my spare time in front of the technology box.

The little flickering cursor sits idly in the Google search box and my brain just switches off with an abrupt 'Ok, Now What?': Enter HowStuffWorks.com

Any time I can't think of anything to search for, I simply punch in the URL, pick a random topic and find out some useful/useless information that I didn't know I needed to know. It also helps the bank balance that they don't sell anything! Yesterday I was clicking away and came across Muppets.

I thought the relationship between Muppets and Sesame Street was simple ......... Kermit! But I found out that it goes way beyond that. While you may not particularly care to know more about muppets and interactive puppets I found it really quite fascinating to piece together how they work physically and how the success of both branches of the concept (Muppet Show and Sesame Street) have grown through the years. Check it out here.

The site is chocked full of in depth information on 100s of topics from fanatics and people in the know so its really worth a look-see if you find your eyes blurring into the latest image on google.com for awhile.

Have Fun!

P.S. Had a DR appointment for the bub today and all is still good. 20 week scan in 3 weeks so looking forward to that! D Day is still 6/5/2010.

Soundtrack Of The Day: Queen - A Night At The Opera
.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Like I need MORE stuff to waste my time on!! Thanks for that...