Thursday, November 12, 2009

Album Quiz 1

Maybe its my constant need to stimulate your brains, maybe its my interest in bizarre art or perhaps its cos I'm bored. For whatever reason, I've created an 'Album Quiz' for you all.

http://picasaweb.google.com/philgdawson/AlbumQuiz1#

There are 50 albums so write your guesses in the comment field on each pic and as I see the correct answers I'll flag the album as done. Its my first attempt at something like this and I've tried to make some simple, some odd, some brain twisters, some alternative and some so mainstream-commercial its scary.

Hints:
1. None of the albums are Best Of's, Greatest Hits, Live, Compilations or anything other than an official release.
2. The same artist may feature more than once.
3. You can use the net as much as you want so everyone has the same UNfair advantage!

I'm going out on a limb and saying that none of you will know them all and yet I made sure that they are all popular enough to flood google images if you search for the right thing! #35 is a trick question because if any of you know it, it's a red flag that you should be in the nuthouse!

I've optimistically named the quiz #1 as I'm thinking you guys might be thirsty for more..... Enjoy!

Update 12/11 4pm: It has been brought to my attention that Picasa commenting isn't great for reliability so check your comment by going to the next picture and back again each time.

Update 13/11
9.19am:
Whoa, huge popularity on this. Overnight we went from 30% complete to 80%. Still 13 to go..... who's got the deep passion to go all the way? I can hear it eating you up inside! Feel the BURN!
2.50pm: Adam locks in one more.............10 to go.

Update 16/11
8.30am: One answer sms'd through from Kathy and another locked in from Shane late last night..............8 to go.
9.20am: #35 has been solved!!!!! 7 to go.
2pm: Clues Added!!
2.45: Wal picks Uncle Kracker - 6
3.02: Wal cranks Stereophonics - 5

Update 17/11
8.30am: Jemma calls the cops - 4
9am: Jemma says Thankyou and goes Def! - 2
1pm: Jemma locks in Poison - 1 LEFT!!!
1.30pm: Like a lightning bolt the tailenders were lapped up - All done and dusted. Thanks for playing everyone!

13 comments:

The Big Fella said...

make sure you test its functionality before posting sheesh! chummmmmmmmmmmP!

Phil Dawson said...

works for me.......... and i know all the answers!

click shit till it works

The Big Fella said...

if anyone is having trouble using firefox with this try IE, worked for me

Simon said...

It didn't save NONE of my bleedin' comments!! AND I clicked the Post Comment button each time... I've been diddled (and not the good kind)

Unknown said...

whois triplejumpstart?

The Big Fella said...

someone who is kicking your ass...

FF is working for me now so who knows?

Phil Dawson said...

cmon Simon you angry man get back on the horse and DOMINATE

Unknown said...

triplejumpstart
more like "earlystart"
amirite?

Phil Dawson said...

geez, your all on your high horses and the only ones you got were the easy ones......

LIFT!

The Big Fella said...

i wonder where Anney-Anne is, i thought she would have been all over this...

HumpD said...

All the wasy ones have been done GRRRR I will still have a go. there are 2 I recognise but cant remember the names due to lack of brain cells

HumpD said...

Cant Post!!! Number 23 is Bobby Brown

The Big Fella said...

Bobby Brown? is it Smack my bitch up?