Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vacuum Robot

Anyone out there using a robotic Vacuum cleaner these days?

I've been throwing the idea around in my head and bank balance but I just cant decide. $440+ is alot for something that might not work very well.

There are 3 different kinds for sale here:
1. Vacuum Robot
2. Roomba
3. PlusA Alpha Robot

Of course when you read the site, they are the best ever, work everywhere, suck up everything, never need charging and you should be locked up for not having one.

A guy here has the Roomba and he says its OK but has to pull out the vacuum cleaner to get stuck into deeper carpet or tricky areas. As far as I'm concerned that's a FAIL. We don't have any deep stuff and our whole place is 1 level so we might be ok there. There are little plastic joiners where the wooden floors join onto the carpet that I'm worried about. It might think its a wall and not go in any bedrooms or worse, get stuck and not clean! eeek

So anyone got one that can help me out?

2 comments:

noni said...

Is it really that hard to just vacuum? Surely working fulltime you'd only have to do it once a week-ish? I favour a dustbuster/proper vacuum combo myself, but that's just how I roll!

Phil Dawson said...

We SWEEP once a week cos all the common areas are wooden floors but vacuuming takes the VERY back seat. Only 3 rooms - meh whatever.

Obviously the robot will do under the couches and beds etc so if I can go to work and come home to a totally clean floor, even if it takes 2-3 days, its great as far as I'm concerned.

Just need to know if it will actually do that.