Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fink Tank

CAUTION: SERIOUS POSTING
Ask anybody that knows me and they will agree that I over-think everything.

What I mean by over-think is an over excited inner monologue you have with yourself about someone or something. It could be a statement someone has made, a big event or decision coming up in your life or just about any little thing really. It can be something as simple as the arcade cabinet ideas flitting around in my head or what I SHOULD have said to that dude at work when he was a smart arse earlier. Haha

I'm not entirely sure what causes it but perhaps its a semi-conscious defense mechanism to keep you out of trouble or alternatively is it a way of isolating yourself to think everything through to the 'N'th degree? On the other hand, if you don't speak openly and just bottle your thoughts around in your head, what do you achieve? Quite a pickle.

I know that you're all thinking "Ooooooooooo he's about to spill something huge" but I'm just brain dribbling onto the keyboard Ok!

I think (see there I go again) an extension of it is to see all outcomes of a situation. Remember that scene from The Matrix where Neo is surrounded by everything he 'might' do next, imagine that's me but the negative TV screens are bigger than the positive ones on the walls. I often get branded a worry-wart or just generally negative but the truth of it is quite simple: They're just the things I SAY aloud. I still think the good things and see the positives but my brain decides that everyone else can see those too so why bring it up!

Recently I've been trying to 180 my head, plainly see and speak the positives first and just bear in mind the other gaff. I'm sure Kylie will agree that its had a mix-mashed outcome and sometimes she has NO idea what I'm thinking but every journey must start with a step, as they say.

Hopefully this article won't send me to the psych couch but I was just wondering if anyone else had a vaguely similar mindset. Comment or not...as always its up to you... :P

Only 1 more day till the weekend skaters!
.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I like to bottle things up for as long as possible and then once every twelve or eighteen months have a spectacular meltdown that leaves people wondering what the dickens just happened.

Phil Dawson said...

Sounds healthy :)

noni said...

I'm outwardly positive to those that are negative and outwardly negative to those that are positive. It drives nuts, and no doubt the ppl around me.

Adam said...

I just do what I want/feel like and don't think about it at all. Lucky i'm not a terrible person i guess.
If it feels right, do it. What's done is done.