Thursday, June 18, 2009

iFleeced By Optus

So today I got the dreaded call from Optus regarding my iPhone repair. They claim its water damaged despite the fact that I said I was 'cleaning' it by drunkenly leaving it turned ON in a rain puddle for countless hours. They are however more than happy to provide a replacement for the grand total of $343! That's especially super duper cos I have no option but to pay it and for all I know the fix only cost $5. Gee Thanks.

Whatever happened to honesty is the best policy? I'm not suggesting for 1 second that I shouldn't have to pay something as it was clearly my actions that caused the fault but why is it that people like me who cant bring themselves to take out insurance AFTER its broken and claim it back after a fortnight or otherwise lie until my pants catch alight are the ones that are bent over barrels.

Its the people that bitch and moan and make total twats of themselves or tell every pork pie they cant think of to weasel their way into a deal that reap the benefits. Why does society reward those who, sometimes, are the least deserving? What lessons are learned by these people............ next time ill do the same thing and people will give me stuff to a) shut me up or b) make me go away.

I suppose my question is.... *and pardon the language* Do you have to be a c#nt to get the best deal?

Those in customer service, please PLEASE grow a pair, save your colleagues and everyone else that has to deal with that person for the rest of time and just tell them NO. If they keep bitching, follow Chuck Norris's lead and roundhouse kick them in the face......HARD. Lesson learned? Yes - Bitching = Roundhouse Kick.

That's my rant for the day/week and by this time next week I should be reunited with my iPhone and feel whole again. Not sure how anyone gets through the day in an office without some sort of music relief to drown out the hen-house noise.

Peace OUT

2 comments:

Simon said...

1. The world sucks, in the words of Green Day, nice guys finish last.
2. The bigger the tw@t, the more noise they make, the more they get. It DOES suck, but it's true.
3. So do the same... if you make enough of a fuss about something, but do it in a good way (there are ways of complaining without coming off as a w@nker) you will be rewarded. I don't like doing it, but learned a long time ago it's the only way to get ahead.
4. I agree on the hen house noise... this office is FULL of idiots who have no idea how to behave in an office (it seems). Hence today I will mostly be listening to Kasabian's new one and Enter Shakiri's new one. Loud and Rocky and Brilliant. PEACE!

noni said...

^^ what he said!

I hate making a fuss and I always feel awful when I do "get my way" but I am sick of being ripped off so I complain. Not loudly, not obnoxiously and without profanity. You don't have to be rude but you do have to be firm.