Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fun On The Big Screen

For those that don't know, I've been working on an old skool arcade cocktail machine for the last couple of weeks and today I finally received a monitor worthy of installing into it. Cocktail machines are the ones that look like flat Pacman arcade tables that you'll remember from the back corner of the local fish and chip shop or similar dodgy establishment.

Ive been waiting and waiting because without the screen I cant cut the hole out and do a final paint on it. Also cutting anything into MDF means sh!t goes everywhere so I'd rather not clean everything over and over again. Basically it means that the ceasefire is over and work can once again proceed!

Today I've discovered that the IDEA of a 21" monitor is much better than the practice of it. Its sitting here next to me at work, literally looming over my shoulder. It is MASSIVE and weighing in at just over 30kgs so its a big big mumma. The desk is bending and everyone walking past gives a look of 'why didn't he just get an LCD?' but hey, surely life would be dull without bizarre projects!

Everyone that's seen the cabinet wants it finished so the push is pretty strong to get it done. Just need to work out the logistics of suspending or supporting this thing inside the cabinet and it will be all systems go! Hopefully by the weekend it will be close to done and I'll have some time to actually start enjoying playing it!

No comments: