Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moke + Piano Hinge = Pickup Truck

Ive always got my eye on carsales.com.au for the latest bargain and for obvious reasons a common search is for available Mini Mokes.

Today someone has put this one up and its got my brain cogs turning. For those that don't know, my Moke was originally a ute similar to this but without the tipping functionality. I have a 1/2 roof like the picture and have always wanted to remake the ute piece but in a removable fashion....yes i want my cake and eat it too.

This is a great example of a Moke ute but my only concern is the tipping doesn't seem to be power assisted at all. Meaning that its easy to tip when empty but chuck a load in the back and your functionality has just gone down the proverbial gurgler.

My final thought - close but not close enough. If you want to see it from a few more angles click here. Otherwise keep your ear to the ground and your eye on the streets for ideas!

No comments: