Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Circle The Wagons

My little stint on the wagon was very short lived, only 8 days in-fact, so after 4 days of beers and one disgraceful evening Ive decided to get back on for a little while. Both for my sanity and overall well-being!

Saw a health AD on TV last night that was about a bloke who didn't think his slight weight gain was a big issue, 5 years later he had gained a little more, then a little more etc etc etc until 'all of the sudden' lugging all that weight around for years meant he couldn't do basic stuff like chase his little brat of a daughter for slapping her brother upside the head, OK that last bit was made up!

While it was a bit OTT, the point was to deal with the little problem while its little. I'm not saying a 30 sec clippitt was a huge turning point or some sort of Blues Brothers related phenomenon "Can you seeee the light!!!, YES YES I CAN SEE THE LIIIIIGHT" (damn that's a good movie) it was just one of those times of clarity when you think, hey that's me!

Went to the beach on the weekend after what felt like years and I really don't know why I don't go all the time - I love it! I just think that instead of putting the feet up, they should be on their way somewhere or better yet, be achieving something.....unless of course there's something good on TV. : P

So it will be my first dry St Pats since 1997 and I'm not fussed in the slightest. I'm going to restructure every job Ive started and left alone, including the Moke! Should have her back on the road this evening so looking forward to that, perfectly timed with the weather as it has decided to rain today!

Peace out Cowfolk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the ad that ends with the waist measurements for men and women that are considered overweight?

Thats great, 107-112 for men I think it is. Sure if your 5 and a half foot tall then thats too big but what if ya 7 foot tall eh?

Phil Dawson said...

Wii Fit says im slightly overweight...
Who am I to disagree with a game that was made where the average weight is 40kgs.