Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Ball-Drop Day

Another year older, another year fatter and another ball drop on the good people of New York.

Something Ive also just realised is that its the last year I'm single! Am I Worried? No, Cold Feet? No, just quite odd thing to ponder. Maybe it seemed further away as we weren't in 09 yet but its starting to set in now that we've almost rounded that marker.

I suppose only the married folk out there can know what I mean but the best way I can describe it is a feeling of a looming, unstoppable, monumental upcoming event that we need to organise and so many people are relying on it to run (more or less) like clockwork. Its not that I don't want everything to go ahead or that I'm not super excited, its just that my natural, worrywart, stresshead, human instinct is to fixate on the hassle hurdles and concern over unbooked stuff instead of stepping back and remembering that its supposed to be enjoyable and fun!

An interesting feature of today is that it will be 24hrs and 1 second long to allow for the slowing of the earths rotation. Wont bore you any more with further details but tonight, start your 10 second count-down from 11 ok!

Anyway hope you all have a fabulous evening tonight and trust you all have your transport already organised. Big shout out to Blair in the UK, hope you don't get another 2L coke bottle cannoned into your guts this year mate......still....it was pretty funny for us : )

Happy New Year All and Big Balls.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you to and I know what you mean about the wedding stuff....

Simon said...

Happy new year Junior. Good luck with all the wedding guff.