Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wiki Wednesdays

Ok, so here is a new idea I thought I'd trial. We all know Wikipedia has a vast partially factual array of pages on everyone and everything but does has anyone actually searched on Wikipedia for something?

I know from my experience that I chuck blahdiblah into Google and if the wikipedia entry shows up near the top I'll probably click it but I've never manually gone to Wikipedia.com and searched.

This weeks random Wiki page is the Greenwood Train Station.

Sounds like an odd one at first but have a quick read. While short, its packed with information you never thought you needed to know about it including proposed names, train line, zone, parking layout and even when buses run and where to!

So who the hell has bothered to add it or even cares about the info! On that bombshell - Congratulations Greenwood TS - You're awesome for mediocre normality causing fame.
.

3 comments:

The Big Fella said...

are you going to provide a link for this or what?

i use wiki to search every week for my artist research for OYE

Phil Dawson said...

jeez you do story after story with no comment, leave out a link and bang - BURN!

:P

Adam said...

I search wikipedia all the time.

If I want to know about something quickly I Google "wiki x"