Monday, August 23, 2010

Show Us Ya Stats


Despite it's incredible geekiness I couldn't help but post about my download performance on the weekend. When we moved house I was disappointed that we couldn't stick with Amnet as I was very happy with the reliability and customer service from them. If we wanted ADSL2+ we had no choice but iiNet.

I haven't been an iiNet customer since working for them in the late 90s mostly because they were slightly more expensive than everyone else and the value wasn't there. With the new house we ditched the phone and went Naked for everything, choosing a plan which matched my download behaviour. I really couldn't be happier with the performance of the link and entire home VOIP package. Since installing it the competition has increased and iiNet have upped the download limit twice on my plan without additional cost.

The more recent download increase was Saturday when it upped from 50/50 to 75/75. As the picture shows, I downloaded steadily in the start of the month but when I neared the limit everything was put on hold. As soon as it increased to 75/75 I opened the floodgates to get maximum down before my 'month' ended that night.

Pic 1 shows the month trending downward then "Hammer-Time" on the last day. Pic 2 shows the day itself - 17.2GB in 13 hours - Bang! New record for my home connection - 1717mb in 1 hour or a 286kps hour average.

I checked my email the next day and I received the notification that the limit had increased, warning that I was getting close to 75 and the warning I was getting VERY close to 75 all within a few hours.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd

3 comments:

Adam said...

Sorry to burst your bubble:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5846/4gbhour.jpg

4gb in a hour :)

Phil Dawson said...

offpeak doesnt count :P

Adam said...

lol like it makes any difference