Monday, August 2, 2010

Open Your Ears Wk 30


alrighty then, well inspired by the fact that I went out an bought BOT's new album and Gyroscope's new album last week, and I covered BOT last edition, its only fair...

Gyroscope - White Dove/Black Crow

Ok so they have released three singles off this reasonably new album and their radio play is pretty reasonable so you have probably heard
Some of the places I know
Baby Im Getting Better
Live Without You

so I figured I put out a different track that you probably havent heard. Gyroscope are a punk/indie/rock band out of Perth, who have a special place in my heart as we went to their gig as part of my buck's night, good times.

White Dove/Black Crow on good olde youtube, I guess I chose it because it shows a bit of transition from how they used to sound (chunky rock guitar) combined with some of their new aspects (more melodic, spacial sounds)

The first single off the new album is Some of the Places I Know which has some nice footage of WA and some of the place you'd like to be

and for anyone who remembers my bucks, here is a staple from those glory days Confidence in Confidentiality live in HD

No comments: