Thursday, May 27, 2010

if only you had a name like... Jenny


there seems to be a penchant for songs about girls called Jenny

but given the topic of these songs you may not want to be the lead character!


Tommy Tutone - 867 5309 (Jenny)

"Jenny Jenny, who can i turn?" "Jenny i got your number, i need to make you mine"

and a great punk cover by Less than Jake


Our NZ cuzzy bro's Flight of the Conchords also have a quite hilarious track called Jenny

"Jenny.." "Pardon?" "Jenny..." "no sorry I think you've mistaken me for somebody else"


and my new favourite artist Matt Good also has a cracker of a track called Jenny's Song

"Jenny killed her dad with her car and now she's a millionaire
she got beat on mostly for being at home so mostly she wasn't there
"


lastly but not leastly, The Killers have a pearler call Jenny was a friend of mine which has a great signature riff and therefore can be found on Guitar Hero

"there aint no motive for this crime, Jenny was a friend of mine"

3 comments:

Phil Dawson said...

Paolo Nutini - Jenny Don't Be Hasty

"Oh jenny dont be hasty, dont you treat me like a baby.", "Oh, Jenny you are crazy! First I'm perfect, then I'm lazy. And I was calling you my baby. Now it sounds like you just left me. And it kills me!"

Phil Dawson said...

Jenny from the block - nuff said!

The Big Fella said...

i knew about that last one...i chose not to include it