Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!

They say men are only ever thinking about 1 thing. I never agreed with that until now as everyday I've been thinking about the same thing all day!

Kylie is now 31.2 weeks pregnant so the 'day-of-the-dad' is drawing ever closer. Don't get me wrong I'm not scared of it, it's just quite daunting to know that DJ will soon be joining our new family. DJ's ETA is still May 6 but we believe it will be more like late April at this stage. He/She has been kicking, punching and keeping Kylie awake for the last month or so and I'm sure by the end it will be a mutual separation!

Kylie and Janet are organising an UNtraditional baby shower so lookout for the invite in the next week or so. Don't worry we won't be having the 'name that melted chocolate bar in the nappy' or the 'which baby food is this?' game............ instead they have decided to make it good!

Growing up I remember asking mum and dad life questions about anything and everything and thinking that their answer was always correct. I mean why isn't the sky blue cos of backyard pool liners? It's only in the last 6 months that it's occurred to me, they knew SOME stuff and the rest they just made up!

On another topic we have been officially house hunting these last few months. We've had the finance approved so we just need some bricks n' dirt to stick our flag in. We've been looking in and around the northern Perth suburbs so hopefully something comes up soon. If we have to renew the lease for 6 months and move with DJ in tow it won't be the end of the world but It'd be easier to move now for sure.

I think that's about it from the Dawson's for now. Have a great long weekend all.

Ciao

No comments: