Monday, December 14, 2009

What a Scorcher!


Well finally the hot weather is upon us and holy mother of the highest heavens, is it hot!

One day of 38 is bearable but 3 on the trot is major mojito's. A/C units all over Perth have been whirring away for days and I'm sure the next block of newspaper propaganda about electricity usage is a mere keystroke away.

On a terrific note, it's meant that the water temperature is beautiful and I've been beaching alot more which is always brilliant. I've been able to take advantage of the small but shapely summer waves recently so my surfing skills have improved slightly if I do say so myself.

I've been thinking strongly about picking up a surfboard of my very own and on Sunday karma bit me in the coit. I've been selfishly borrowing my brothers board cos lets be honest, they're pretty expensive and don't get used all that much - went out in the water with 3 fins and came back with 2 - DOH! Absolutely no idea how it happened either, at least if there was an incident I would know what to avoid later! Lucky they appear to be snap ons so it wont be a total headf$#k to replace and its the centre one so the board's still more-or-less usable until it arrives. Such is life I suppose!

Hope you're all looking forward to christmas and your shopping is already done so you can relax............ yeah right!


Soundtrack Of The Day: Mindless office chatter cos I forgot my headphones.
.