Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hottest 100 Voting Time













Whats your top 10 songs of two double "OH!" nine? Heres my votes:

10 - Bertie Blackman - Heart
- Underrated, underknown, could have picked a number of songs from her but this one stands out for me
9 - Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Big fan, the new album is treading some scary water for my fandom but this song is great, might have been even better if it was a new band
8 - Death Cab For Cutie - Little Bribes
- Released late in the year, another catchy tune from a ridiculously underrated artist. Boy can Ben Gibbard pen a tune.
7 - Pearl Jam - Force of Nature
- its me, I couldn't not put a PJ song here if they release an album in the year, simply my favourite off the album.
6 - Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
- I'm not a strokes fan, this sounds nothing like them, its almost dancey, its bloody awesome.
5 - Dappled Cities - The Price
- I doubt I could tell you another song by these guys despite them being round for eons, this one just clicks with me.
4 - Powderfinger - Burn Your Name
- Latest single off a brilliant return to form album from Australia's best band, might have chosen a different album track (wildest stretch)
but this might actually make it in despite not being on the list!
3 - Karnivool - All I Know
- great album, its more "commercial" then some other tracks but I think its a stand out and the clip is outstanding
2 - Paul Dempsey - Ramona Was A Waitress
- I've been known to like Something for Kate songs, I don't own any of their albums, but this song is the type of
singer/songwriter song that I wish I wrote.
1 - The Butterfly Effect - Worlds on Fire
- An epic, great album opener, vast variety of instrumentation and timing changes, builds, falls and by the end when it peaks and then
finishes just leaves you hitting the 'back' button for another round.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I would have votted Butterfly Effect but the album came out in Sept 2008.

noni said...

haha damn