Monday, November 16, 2009

Nutrition Ambition

For the last week I've been getting up everyday feeling like shit. At first I had a small hint of a flu but after 2 days or so I couldn't keep blaming that. Last night I decided to try and recall what I'd had to eat and drink all week and how much exercise I did. The outcome wasn't pretty!

Breakfast
6 x Weetbix
1 x Full cooked breaky (Bacon, Tomato's, Eggs, Toast and Sausages)
Lunch
2 x Schnitzel Burgers (damn them!!)
2 x Subway Footlongs (1 Pizza, 1 Meatball)
1 x Steak and Kidney Pie
1 x Risotto leftovers
1 x Skipped Lunch
Dinner
3 x Pizza
2 x 2 Pasties
1 x Steak, Veg, Chips
1 x Risotto
Drinks
22 Beers (at a guess)
2 Bottles of Red
10 soft drinks
Exercise
10-20 min walk every day at lunch - GOOD ..........to get unhealthy food - BAD
Help P & E move some furniture - VERY GOOD ........ had beers and pizza afterward - BAD

All I can picture in my head today is all of that food on a table in front of me, just like one of those eating intervention TV shows. Even though this was an excessively bad week I think its a sure sign to 180 degree spin your diet if reading over what you consumed actually makes you feel sick.

Absolutely no excuse. Weather is on the mend, no broken bones, no projects to spend time on, a wife that would probably love to go walking everyday, Wii fit gathering dust, home gym out the back gathering dust and really buff spiders and me sitting on my gradually fattening ass.

Ive stopped all coffee/soft drink and replaced it with water and unless there's a reason, I wont be cracking beers for nothing. I'll be googling Wii Fit exercise plans at lunch today and hopefully get an exercise routine going over the next couple of weeks. The hardest part is always the beginning so if I can really stick to it for a week or 2 then beyond that should be easier.

Wish Me Luck!

P.S. No, I didn't think I looked like 'David' before but his physique in this picture certainly looks familiar!
.

5 comments:

The Big Fella said...

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
YOU FAT BASTARD! YOU FAT BASTARD!

Kylz said...

Cant eat healthy if there is no food in the house.
First step should be www.woolworth.com.au
or an actual Woolworths.

Phil Dawson said...

definitely woolies online!

Unknown said...

3x pizza's! nice

Simon said...

The never ending fight of the middle ages man against his expanding waist line. I feel your pain.
It's the beer & the wine that is the worst. If you can cut out even just beer for one month, plus a little bit of healthy eating you WILL notice a difference. I did when I did it. I have a few beers left in the house, but once they are gone, I'm giving up the grains & hops until Xmas. We'll see how we go.