Tuesday, November 10, 2009

iCry

There's a new iPhone app on the block and its making a BIG claim.

The Cry Translator claims to be able to decipher a babies cry and let you know whats wrong out of 5 possible crying scenarios. 4 aren't hard to guess but the 5th is a little odd: Hungry, annoyed, bored, tired, stressed.

Umm Stressed? WTF! I'd think there's far more chance the kid is screaming cos their smuggling mushy peas in their trunks not cos they have a deadline! What about cold and hot? what about wind! ARGH!

I took particular interest cos I can finally announce that Kylie and I are expecting our first. As I write this she is 14 weeks and due around May 6 so we're out of the deep risk woods and have started getting excited about the prospect of being parents. We aren't going to find out the sex so just save all the spare clothes you have!

Happy days ahead and we both have our fingers crossed that its NOT a mega-hot summer! The next few months will probably see us reorganise ourselves and start to prepare for real responsibility - EEEEEEEEEEEP

Anyway, I'm not even going to pretend I'm not getting this app! If you want to read up, check out: http://www.crytranslator.com/

Give me a few weeks and shoot me an email for the outcomes!

UPDATE 16/11: After a few tries its been correct every time. Confirmed by asking the mum what she thought was wrong or just blindly doing what it said and the crying stopped!

1 comment:

Kylz said...

Update on the Ap, did it work?