Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Togetherness

Weekend before last I decided I would stop trying to rush the cabinet and just accept that it wouldn't be finished before my party this Saturday.

Since then it seems the pressure has been lifted and I've been able to chill and focus on each tiny part until its totally complete. Quite ironically this has meant its been coming together much much faster than before and it's now looking like it WILL be finished for the festivities!

Ive started building the PC which is basically an old Compaq Evo with 2 tiny HD's, an average processor and a bucketload of RAM. I've been using a normal PC CRT monitor to configure it and the other night I switched to a little CRT TV I had lying around to see what the quality drop was like. *insert toilet flush sound file* Even with the resolution dropped to 800x600 it was disastrously blurry - Eeeeep! and we're off to the shop!

Yesterday I picked up a semi decent video card with SVideo out so I will finish the config and take it outside to see what its like plugged into the bad boy tonight. Cross your fingers, toes and anything else you think can be tied together.

Last night I picked up the new control panel overlay which looks great and I'm really happy with. Tonight I'll polish it (yes I said polish!) for the wiring frenzy to begin tomorrow. With the new overlay I've also discovered that I can mount the joysticks invisibly (no visible fixings) which was an awesome realisation unlike the usual "Oh shit I didn't think of THAT!" outcomes I've been getting.

In answer to Shane's question a few posts ago, Yes you're correct, it will NOT fit through a door when assembled! The control panel comes off with 8 screws and 2 people so I'll need to decide what room it's living in quite soon and stick to it. Anyone want a dining room table? haha

Have been working on it quite alot at night, hence no pic updates in awhile. Ill take a few tonight and post them on Picasa like normal tomorrow.

Wednesday Wigwam - What does the picture mean?
.

1 comment:

HumpD said...

Cabiet looks awesome dude only 1 finished pic??? Have you got it inside yet??? Upload more pics.