Friday, October 23, 2009

The Prophecy

The prophecy has been fulfilled
The day has come, earth stood still

A lonely wind whistles through the trees
Swings sway silently in the cool crisp morning air
Surrounded by people I stand alone
All mindlessly passing by - but one

A woman is standing as still as I
Facing me but gazing to the sky
I look up too see what caught her eye
Clouds are forming. Rain will fall

As we both pan down, our eyes lock for a moment
Its then I realise, we have been chosen
Look to the ground and start the motion
Clenching our fists with unparalleled vigour
We point them at the heavens as the day turns sour
Back and forth the fists pierce the air
As others less worthy stop and stare

Like lightning the sky is cleared
As those gathered around all cheer
Dormant in every soul for 30 years
Lifeless inside until the time is near
A dawn of a new day or a door just opened
The fist of power has been awoken

The day has come, earth stood still
The prophecy has been fulfilled

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure the 'tache suits you :-)

Happy Birthday!

Jason

HumpD said...

Yes Happy Bday dude and your right that is a good poem. I still want to see an original Filby fist raised photo by this time next week.