Monday, September 21, 2009

How Do We Sleep While Our Legs Are Burning....

What are your legs? Steel Springs - Remember that classic line from Gallipoli? Well I've been thinking long and hard about it since Saturday night!

After a full day in the garden, making it good time friendly for our fast approaching BBQ season, my legs are absolutely killing me. Its very odd indeed as I can't say I've had it happen before. No doubt a direct result of a fat fuelled diet and lack of exercise but yet, its still a shock!

Another reason I was slaving away in the outdoors was that we have yet another rental inspection ........sigh........ will Perth ever catch up to the ways of the world? Doubtful, but one of the things I still find shocking is how anal Perth real estate places are about ongoing inspections etc. Are they just shafting the owner buy taking a little bit of commission every time? Ours are every 3 months and I've never experienced the level wankerisms our inspectoress dishes out.

Here are my top 5:

5. Their Comment 'Dust on the extractor fan over the shower' My Thoughts 'and?'
4. Their Comment 'Lawns not mowed for inspection' My Thoughts 'are they overgrown? no, messy? no, dead? no - so just shutup'
3. Their Comment 'Boxes in spare room' My Thoughts 'ummm, are you somehow surprised that our belongings are inside the house?!? last I checked we can do what we like with the rooms'
2. Their Comment 'Winter weeds near back fence' My Thoughts 'its winter'
1. Their Comment 'Dirty lightswitch' My Thoughts 'get out of my house'

Kinda reminds me of our first rental in Kingsley where we had to go back and finish cleaning properly. Somehow forgot to tell us that all we forgot was to wipe the dust off the toilet roll holder in the ensuite. Thanks a bunch.
.

4 comments:

Simon said...

Jebus, that DOES sound archaic. Mind you, I suppose it does help when you come to move out and want your deposit back. If you hadn't kept up the place due to inspections (like I didn't in the last place I rented) then when you DO come to move out, it's a nightmare job trying to get things right. Been there done that. It sucked.

Phil Dawson said...

im almost excited to see what she has written today.... i'll post the highlights for y'all

Phil Dawson said...

she has relived a past top 5 contender. apparently our toilet fan was not cleaned this time. funny cos i seem to remember taking it down and cleaning it - a hilarious justification for their own existence

Phil Dawson said...

she has relived a past top 5 contender. apparently our toilet fan was not cleaned this time. funny cos i seem to remember taking it down and cleaning it - a hilarious justification for their own existence