Friday, August 7, 2009

warning : rant ahead


my god, my god!

i am a Pearl Jam fan club member, I have been for a about 5 years i guess, so not entirely forever like many who have been from the start. Their concert tickets went on sale this morning, exclusive to club members and sold out in less then 30 mins! so what you say? well not all bought by Perth residents, no you can buy from the other side of the world, so no priority for those living in the actual city, just first in best dressed. Why do i pay membership when i don't even get any priority i just get the "chance" of tickets.

secondly the event is general admission, so why is there a limit to fan club tickets? there is no way that the gig is sold out, just the fan club allocated. Surely the band itself would want its "true" fans there more then any old hack who can get them.

and lastly before you tell me to just get GA tickets like everybody else, fan club ticket holders do get a benefit, either being let in first (so you get closest to the stage without needing to elbow people and be a dick) or on a previous tour, Ed did an acoustic set just for fans early in the day. Why should I miss out on that opportunity?

4 comments:

Phil Dawson said...

I'll start up a collection plate to get your shift key fixed! Sorry couldn't help myself.

What about the fact that they have chosen the worst venue in Perth? I'd much prefer to see them.... well.... ANYWHERE!

Have been to see 2 bands there and the sound was complete shit. No chance of the nearby houses complaining about the noise cos it doesnt carry that far!

Floating pontoon stage in the river? Belmont Park? Barbagello? My backyard? Pearce air base? Any flat area at all? ... all better, all available.

noni said...

I'm sure if you were on holiday you would like to be able to buy your tickets from wherever you were...

Also if you were a fan that was not necessarily internet inclined to become an online fanclub member I think you would like for some tickets to still be left after the members had snaffled them up.

It sucks, no doubt, but I am sure they thought about this stuff already.

Phil Dawson said...

Fiona have you seen White Men Cant Jump?

It wasnt a problem to be resolved.... you need to sympathise instead. You too know what its like to be thirsty :P

teehee

noni said...

hahaha I HATE that part of the movie, and no I don't know what it is like to be thirsty, I just get myself a drink, and if I can't get a drink, I get over it ;)