Friday, August 28, 2009

Movie Hero to Movie Zero

Not entirely sure what sparked this flicker in my memory but today I got thinking about movie turning points. That time in a movie where everything is going well and its beginning to look like a great film but in a shutter speed ..BA BOM.... its all flushed away. Imagine a plot tip-toe-ing along a fenceline and then one scene or one line smacks it down to earth.

When I considered blogging this wierd anomaly, 2 lines from movies immediately sprang to mind:

1. Days of Thunder (1990)
Russ Wheeler "I know Cole, he always goes to the outside"
2. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Suki (after jumping the split shipping bridge) "Yeah baby.....smack that ass"
EDIT 31/8: 3. The Tom & Jerry Movie (1992)
Tom "Wow Jerry I didn't know you could talk!", Jerry "Yeah, I just didn't have anything to say Tom!"

I'll be sure to add more over the coming days but i'll open the forum to any you can think of.....

Peace out and have a great weekend pranksters...........and Happy Birthday Dad!

2 comments:

Adam said...

That 2 Fast 2 Furious moment is in the first scene, you know you've got a great 90 mins ahead.

Phil Dawson said...

Hehe yeah, I was going to mention that the days of thunder one is at least at the end! 2F2F you just feel like giving up and getting some fresh air.