Monday, August 24, 2009

The Amazing Application Form

As its the off-season for TV in the U.S., the Mrs and I have been swallowed by the Amazing Race and on Saturday we finally finished watching the last season! I know you all really don't care but when you've been engrossed by a show for 14 seasons it really does start to take over! Whenever you get home, hit play until you cant take anymore or you need to eat/sleep/go to work whatever comes first.

It brings us up to date with the US...........for now. S15 has apparently finished filming and begins on September 27 so we don't have long to catch our breath. Ill probably say to myself that I wont start watching it until its actually over so we can watch it all together but as usual I'll cave and watch week to week!

Out of interest I jumped on the net today and looked for the application forms to 'try-out' for the race. Here's the link for S16's form and its well worth a read if you've ever seen the show. Some of my favourite questions are:

- What is the biggest disappointment you have experienced from your teammate?
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate?
- What is the worst experience you have had with your teammate? Why?
- What is your opinion of foreigners?
- How do you blow off steam?
- Are there any outstanding warrants for your arrest?

The last one I find especially hilarious....what is the point of asking this? Are there people dumb enough to 1. Go on a reality TV show while 'on the run' from the cops. Oh look Snr Sergeant isn't that the guy we've been chasing for that triple homicide? or 2. Openly tell a worldwide television network that you're wanted, oh and here's my home address, telephone number, partners name, height, weight, build, interests, passport details and ok, here's a live video of me too!

As far as Aussie involvement goes, until they announce Amazing Race Australia I think at best we will be pigeon-holed as the occasional outback leg at the bell tower!

Soundtrack Of The Day: The witch who keeps coughing up a lung about 10 cubes away. You're smokings bitch now!

No comments: