Friday, July 17, 2009

Tyre Kicking

Recently I've/we've been shopping for a new set of wheels and as with everything I research, I'm jumping from car to car like Kermit on amphetamines. We started out looking for a high driving position 4x4 that was just out of new car warranty and therefore being given away for a bargain. The idea being that it could be Kylie's daily driver, accommodate possible rugrats and have the option of heading up the beach fishing.

After ACTUALLY going fishing the other day I realised that it would be really awesome if the fishing car was also a bucket of crap! What I mean is, if it was nice, I'd care too much. Less cash = less care = more fun offroad. To be able to chuck the gear in the back and not worry would be great. This was about the same time that I looked back over the cars I've owned and the cheaper the car, the more I liked it. I can never seem to drown the little man in my head that constantly reminds me that I shouldn't get it dirty/shouldn't race that other mini/shouldn't/shouldn't/shouldn't/blah blah boring.

After redirecting my search, it seems its very hard to distinguish between a heap of junk that works and a heap of junk that's gunna leave me stranded on a beach somewhere. Breaking down for me is a risk I can't afford as my knowledge of engines could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a crayon! More assurance means more cash so I admitted defeat and upped the bar a little.

Without going into more detail, I've had a tentative offer accepted on 1 such vehicle and I'm waiting to see it one more time before shelling out the hard earned. I'm sure it will be fine so I'm almost allowed to get excited now at the prospect of an all round fishing adventurer!

Sunday is the day so hopefully on Monday I'll be thousands of dollars poorer and bearing a smile ear to ear!

Watch this space for news and I hope you have a great weekend skaters.

Soundtrack Of The Day: Creed - My Own Prison (on the iPhone - oooo yeah!)

2 comments:

Simon said...

So, it's Monday. So what did you get?
And send me your email address - to simon.molloy@gmail.com. I'll put you on our iPhone email list. Lots of useful apps and tips get sent around

Phil Dawson said...

posting to come!