Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Triton's Getting A Clean

As with every used car you buy, you tend to learn more about it on the drive home after paying than on the test drive itself. There are a couple of things that I knew about that will be checked out in the coming week by at least one qualified mechanic but I find it interesting what you DONT notice beforehand.

Like that slight knocking sound coming from the front wheels when you turn a corner, the fact that the stereo doesn't light up with the headlights and that ringing sound coming from the phone when the bank realise how much we spent!

Torrential rain and wild wind gusts (quoted from the news!) caused a slight change to my sleep pattern last night, I think I managed around 3 hours which is super duper. Couldn't seem to get the thought out of my head that the tap on the roof was a tile about to fly to the neighbours and flood the house. We have 3 large (2mx3m) windows on the windy side of our house and when your watching them flex back and forth its a little unsettling. Also had the new car parked under a tree! eeep

The lack of sleep meant I stayed in bed for as long as possible and didn't get time to take a picture of it this morning - doh. Will try and get one later on for tomorrows post. As I'm writing this I can hear the rain smashing into the roof of the office........ glad its still 2 hours till lunch!


Soundtrack Of The Day: Britney Spears - Circus

2 comments:

Simon said...

That glorious Aussie weather you keep going on about... where's it gone?? Welcome to our world (which you've already lived in before... so you know what its like. So that was a stupid thing to say.)

Phil Dawson said...

Yes we are right in the think of our 13 days of rain for the year..... that reminds me, is there only 13 days of SUN in the UK?

All the more excuse to head down to the cosy pub for a winter warmer, AH crap they're only in the UK too!

: P